Monday, February 5, 2007

Global Warming

I thought today's class was very intriguing concerning global warming. Tonight I was switching through channels on my television seeing everything on it was related to what we were discussing today in class. It was on the news with Jakarta and the flooding, the Jon Stewart Show and the Colbert report (a late night talkshow on the comedy network). I found that much of what the Colbert Report and the Jon Stewart show was joking around about the serious issue. The Colbert Report said "Global Warming does not exist as long as one scientist says that it doesn't". One quote that flashed across the screen that really grabbed my attention was "Denial is not a river in Antarctica". I thought that these quotes were quite powerful.

1 comment:

CBEMN said...

I wish I could stay up that late to watch these shows!
They can serve as important messengers...
Cathy